Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's March

Hey. It's March. Stuff's going on.

The EPCOT Flower & Mater Festival is picking up pace but I'm not ready to say it's in full swing because the butterfly house doesn't have butterflies yet.

 

Of course, the big draw to this festival is the Mater Topiary and he's back this year in a prominent new location between Test Track and Mouse Gear. Crowds have been heavy around the landmark topiary, either because it's popular or just because it's on a narrow walkway. This isn't an editorial, it's not for me to judge.



















Presenting...the backside of Mater!
















Lightning McQueen was also present.


There were also some other topiaries, meh.


























Tori Gate just isn't as interesting this year...


The German railroad is also dressed up for the Festival


Someone's screwing with me, aren't they???


Kodak Picture Spot is still alive somehow



On a serious note, local photographer Steve Vaughn has some prints for sale at EPCOT during the festival. He's got some nice landscapes of various tropical locations and it wouldn't kill you to take a couple minutes to check it out while you're in the park.

I cut through Innoventions for some reason.

A murder of Duffies
Magic Kingdom

Okay that's enough EPCOT for now, let's throw some random stuff from the Magic Kingdom up.

It was busy

iPadography

Tangled Toilets look nice and I'm gonna take this moment to endorse the campaign to name this waterfall Inspiration Falls.

Again, this isn't an editorial but I feel like there should be a back on that seat.






That's probably like $30 in balloons hanging out above the PeopleMover.

What the Meg?!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed hysterically at the Mater pictures so I had to show my husband what I was laughing about. He said, "I don't get it, why are people so obsessed with that topiary?" Sigh. Some people.

    On my phone screen I couldn't see them all coming and it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Meg Croftons visit to the Magic Kingdom considered part of the #Limited Time Magic promotion?

    ReplyDelete